1/1 Photo of "creamy" Broccoli Soup
C & D's Mommy's Note:
It's made with milk to keep it lower in fat, but it is a very hearty yummy soup. Goes great with a nice crusty roll, or thick slice of french bread!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup Minute Rice, uncooked
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth (I use homemade stuff, but canned is fine, try using low sodium)
- 2 cups water
- 4 -4 1/2 cups fresh broccoli, cut into 3-inch lengths (About 2 small bunches of broccoli)
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (the lower fat shaker stuff is fine)
- salt and pepper (to taste) (optional)
- 1Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add carrots, onion, garlic and celery.
- 2Add chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil.
- 3Stir in broccoli and rice and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 10-15 minutes or until veggies are tender. Stir frequently.
- 4Take small batches of soup and put in a food processor or blender. Blend until pureed. Return all blended soup back to pot. Add salt and pepper if you're going to.
- 5Add milk and cheese and cook until heated through.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "creamy" Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.1
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 329.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 7.0 g