Recipe by Tona C.
I found this easy recipe in the Moberly Monitor-Index in 2011. It was submitted by Dora Wood. I have added the chicken, corn, spices and pepper jack to the original recipe. It's wonderfully delicious on a cold day -- the heat from the pepper jack cheese warms up the body and soul!
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning (Durkee)
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning (Durkee)
- 8 cups broccoli, chopped into small pieces (fresh or frozen)
- 4 large potatoes, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, sliced into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a heavy dutch oven or stockpot. Cover and heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until potatoes are al dente. Then add milk, parmesan cheese, and pepper jack cheese. Cook over very low heat until cheese is melted. Stir constantly to prevent sticking.
- Serve with sourdough bread or rolls. Or toast some homemade croutons in the oven.