Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious, low-fat salad.
- 3 ounces uncooked rotini pasta (spiral shaped pasta, 1 1/4 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 3⁄4 cup Italian plum tomato (3 to 4 medium)
- 1 medium carrot, finely shredded (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Cook rotini to desired doneness as directed on package.
- Drain; rinse with cold water until cool.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine sour cream, cheese, mayonnaise, milk and garlic; blend well.
- In large bowl, combine broccoli, tomatoes, carrot and basil.
- Add cooked rotini; mix well.
- Add sour cream mixture; toss gently to mix thoroughly.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until serving time.
I loved this recipe! Followed the recipe exactly and the only thing I would do differently is add salt and pepper. It was nice to find a recipe that does not make such a large amount for just my husband and myself. Now I know I can double or triple as needed. The parmesan added so much to the dressing and the fresh basil was perfect!
I think this salad was good, and probably will use at as inspiration in the future, but this recipe did have some draw backs in my opinion. First, the goods are: appearance, simplicity and variety. It was colorful, easy to make, and had several delicious veggies, including one of my faves (broccoli). I also found it was not bland, which often can be a problem in pasta salads. I made the exact recipe, and served it to four adults, and it was barely sufficient to give everyone a decent sized serving. There were no left overs, and if I were serving this to 5-6 or more people, I would double the recipe. It wasn't quite as creamy as I like, and I would advise adding slightly more milk.
So fresh and wonderful tasting! I was wondering and wondering when I could find a tasty, lower calorie wonderful tasting pasta salad that included veggies and I found it. I followed this exactly, even cutting down the mayo by a teaspoon, and used low fat sour cream. So fresh and tasty you would of thought you had gone to the beach on a picnic. Added a bit of red-pepper-flakes just for the heck of it. Thanks for posting!