Recipe by carolinafan
Delicious, low-fat salad.
Top Review by Jilly 07
I loved this recipe! Followed the recipe exactly and the only thing I would do differently is add salt and pepper. It was nice to find a recipe that does not make such a large amount for just my husband and myself. Now I know I can double or triple as needed. The parmesan added so much to the dressing and the fresh basil was perfect!
- 3 ounces uncooked rotini pasta (spiral shaped pasta, 1 1/4 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 3⁄4 cup Italian plum tomato (3 to 4 medium)
- 1 medium carrot, finely shredded (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rotini to desired doneness as directed on package.
- Drain; rinse with cold water until cool.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine sour cream, cheese, mayonnaise, milk and garlic; blend well.
- In large bowl, combine broccoli, tomatoes, carrot and basil.
- Add cooked rotini; mix well.
- Add sour cream mixture; toss gently to mix thoroughly.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until serving time.