Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from The Ultimate SouthernLiving Cookbook, it is one of my favorites. FYI the sauce cools fast, real fast and after it does its like leftover mac and cheese so serve right away i haven't really come up with anything else yet. Also I like to use cubed ham because the strips of Canadian bacon get stuck on the sides of the bowl or bottom of the plate, the ham stays with the pasta a little better.
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (6 ounce) package Canadian bacon, cut into thin strips
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Cook broccoli in boiling water to cover 2 minutes; drain and plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain and place in a serving bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bacon, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir broccoli, and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Add broccoli mixture, whipping cream, and remaining 3 ingredients to fettuccine; toss gently.
- SERVE IMMEDIATELY.