Recipe by *Asha*
There is a lot of great broccoli soups on this site. So why another one? Because this one is a little bit different :)
Top Review by dgpat
I was pleasantly suprised by this chowder - I used fresh broccoli that went a few spins in the food processor and a combination of shredded Mozzarella and Mexican cheeses (didn't have any swiss) Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 (5 ounce) package au gratin potato mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup canned whole kernel corn or 1⁄2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Potatoes, Sauce Mix and remaining ingredients except cheese in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and heat to a boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally and breaking up broccoli with fork.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Stir in cheese. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, just until cheese is melted.