1/1 Photo of Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Soup With Blue Cheese
The blue cheese flavor is kind of subtle, but makes the soup tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 5 1/2 cups vegetable broth or 5 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced small
- 1 bunch broccoli, stems removed and broken into flowerets
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into flowerets
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or more)
- 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese (or American) (optional)
- 1/2 cup milk or 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt butter; add shallots and sauté for 3 minutes.
- 2Add flour and whisk briskly to form a roux. Slowly stir in broth.
- 3Add potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and spices. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until all veggies are very tender.
- 4Using an immersion blender/blender/food processor, puree to desired consistency.
- 5Return to pot over med-low heat and stir in cheeses and milk. Stir often until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Soup With Blue Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.0
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 441.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: