Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Soup With Blue Cheese
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt butter; add shallots and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add flour and whisk briskly to form a roux. Slowly stir in broth.
- Add potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and spices. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until all veggies are very tender.
- Using an immersion blender/blender/food processor, puree to desired consistency.
- Return to pot over med-low heat and stir in cheeses and milk. Stir often until cheese is melted.