The blue cheese flavor is kind of subtle, but makes the soup tasty.
Make and share this Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Soup With Blue Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 5 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth or 5 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced small
- 1 bunch broccoli, stems removed and broken into flowerets
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into flowerets
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (or more)
- 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese (or American) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt butter; add shallots and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add flour and whisk briskly to form a roux. Slowly stir in broth.
- Add potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and spices. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until all veggies are very tender.
- Using an immersion blender/blender/food processor, puree to desired consistency.
- Return to pot over med-low heat and stir in cheeses and milk. Stir often until cheese is melted.