Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is derived from my carrot soup Easy Creamy Carrot Soup . Wanted too see if that recipe also worked with broccoli. And yes, it does!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry (madras)
- 1 lb carrot, sliced
- 1 lb broccoli, stems and flowers
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced
- 3 cups vegetable bouillon (from a cube)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Saute onion and ginger until soft, about five minutes, stir now and then.
- Add curry, stir to coat.
- Add carrots, broccoli, garlic and bouillon.
- Heat to boiling, temper heat and let simmer until carrots and broccoli are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender, food-processor or hand-held blender (that's what I use).
- Now add coconut milk, salt and pepper.
- Stir and reheat if necessary.
It was just alright. OK flavors but the color of the soup was orangey brown, and reminded me of baby food.