Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This broccoli and cheese recipe came from my mother. When I was young I would eat it as a side dish, now I like to top my baked potatoes with them.
- 2 bunches of cut up and steamed broccoli
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into chunks
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add 1/2 of Milk.
- Add Velveeta.
- Stir frequently until thouroughly melted.
- Add more milk if you would like a creamier sauce. To equal out flavor you may need additional butter or cheese, judge to taste.
- Add steamed broccoli and stir lightly together.
- Serve alone or over potatoes.
Very very good! I used soy creamer because I hadn't made my daily batch of soymilk yet today (oops). Since I didn't want it to be so thick I subbed some of it with chicken broth, which I figured would add to the buttery flavor as well (and it did). Also used margarine and Teese soy cheese. So I made the same recipe only with completely different ingredients lol. Just wanted to review to let everyone know how versatile and tasty it is. Thanks so much KrisVonD!
Exactly what I was looking for, Super side dish. Thanks for posting!
Oh my, this is a wonderful broccoli dish! The evaporated milk definitely added a rich/creamy texture to this dish. A winner for sure and one I will be making over and over again.