1/1 Photo of Creamy Braised Brussels Sprouts
From 'Recipes from the Root Cellar'. "This is a luxurious way of cooking Brussels sprouts, perhaps not for every day (or even every week), but the cream does have a wonderful way of taming the often unruly (read: sulfurous) flavor of Brussels sprouts. Don't underestimate the power of the salt and balsamic vinegar for bringing the flavors together; taste and adjust as needed." I think this side dish would be an appropriate addition to your Thanksgiving/Holiday menu!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the grape seed oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- 2Toss in the Brussels sprouts and shallots; saute, stirring occasionally until the sprouts are browned in some spots; about 5 minutes.
- 3Pour in the heavy cream, season with salt and pepper to taste, stirring to mix then cover.
- 4Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally until the sprouts are tender enough to pierce easily with a tip of a paring knife, approximately 30-35 minutes.
- 5Stir in the balsamic vinegar. Taste and add more salt and vinegar if needed.
- 6Simmer, uncovered for 1-2 minutes to allow the flavors to mingle. Be careful not to boil the mixture once you've added the heavy cream!
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Braised Brussels Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.8
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 59.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 5.7 g