Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was watching 30-minute Meals yesterday and thought this looked prettty good. I realized that I even had all of the ingredients... Then, within an hour we had unexpected dinner guests, and what do you suppose I made?! Everyone enjoyed it served with Rachel's Basalmic Browned Butter over Tilapia (also posted).
- Prepare farfalle (bow tie pasta) according to package directions.
- In a large pan heat olive oil and add bacon strips. Crisp well and break them up.
- Add onions, garlic, bay leaf and mushroom and sauté until soft.
- Add salt, pepper and tomatoes.
- Simmer on low for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the frozen peas.
- Return to heat and add marscapone and bring to a bubble.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Mix pasta into sauce.
- Just before serving, add basil to the pasta and mix through.
- Healthier Ideas: Try dropping the bacon to 2 slices and omit oil.
- Variation: Consider dropping the bacon and oil altogether, then add some type of pork to create a hearty, one-dish meal. YUM!