Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this in my local newspaper. It is originally from the book, "Home at 7, Dinner at 8" by Sophie Wright. It has boursin cheese and spinach.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 5 ounces boursin cheese
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 9 ounces mozzarella cheese or 9 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of well-salted boiling water over high heat until al dente, about 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the broiler to medium. Place the boursin and cream cheese in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook, mixing well, until the cheese melt and form a sauce (or microwave in a bowl, 1 1/2 minutes). Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 c pasta water. Return the pasta to the pot, fold in the melted cheese mixture, pasta water and the mozzarella until well combined. Stir in the spinach just until incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a buttered baking dish, 8 to 9 inches and 3 inches deep. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and Parmesan; broil until golden brown, about 3 minutes.