Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
This flavorful dish proves that a slow cooker is a busy mom's best friend. It's a family favorite that's so good you'll be proud to serve it to a company too!
- 4 turkey thighs, skin removed (about 3 pounds)
- 1 (24 ounce) jarprego chunky garden mushroom & green pepper Italian sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 (1 lb) package penne pasta, cooked and drained
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the turkey into a 4-quart slow cooker. Pour the sauce over the turkey and sprinkle with the red pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until the turkey is fork-tender. Remove the turkey from the cooker to a cutting board. Let stand for 10 minutes. Remove the turkey meat from the bones.
- Stir the turkey meat and the half-and-half in the cooker. Spoon the turkey mixture over the pasta. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- RECIPE TIPS:.
- Time-Saving: You may also cook this recipe on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- Easy Substitution: You can substitute 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 pounds) for the turkey thighs.