Recipe by Courtly
"Plump blueberries and a fluffy topping star in this pretty, refreshing salad." Submitted to Taste of Home by Beverly Preston.
Top Review by Jenny Frenny
I could have sworn that I had rated this salad because I make it all the time! I grew up eating this and love it! I have gotten my good friend addicted to it as well. Thanks for posting!
- 2 (3 ounce) packages grape gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in pie filling and pineapple until blended. Transfer to a 13 x 9 x 2 inch dish. Cover and refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour.
- For topping, in a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Carefully spread over gelatin; sprinkle with walnuts. Cover and refrigerate until firm.