Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted for ZWT 2006. Recipe comes from Justin Wilson's Homegrown Louisiana Cookin.
- 29.58 ml olive oil or 2 vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice or 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 59.14 ml sour cream or 59.14 ml plain yogurt
- 56.69-113.39 g blue cheese, crumbled into small pieces
- 1.23 ml salt (to taste)
- 0.25 ml louisiana hot sauce (to taste) or 0.25 ml ground cayenne pepper (to taste)
- In a small mixing bowl, beat together the oil and mayonnaise until completely blended.
- Add the lime juice and beat some more.
- Add vinegar and beat again.
- Stir in sour cream, blue cheese, salt and hot sauce.
- Serve over your favorite salad.
- Will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks.
Very good--I used lemon juice this time, but will try with lime juice next time.
This is truly amazing! A little bit goes a long way to making your salad come alive. I used danish mellow blue cheese which is very yummy.
Great blue cheese dressing. I used this in a spinach and walnut salad and it was outstanding.