1/1 Photo of Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing
Galley Wench's Note:
Posted for ZWT 2006. Recipe comes from Justin Wilson's Homegrown Louisiana Cookin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sour cream or 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 -4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 dash louisiana hot sauce (to taste) or 1 dash ground cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1In a small mixing bowl, beat together the oil and mayonnaise until completely blended.
- 2Add the lime juice and beat some more.
- 3Add vinegar and beat again.
- 4Stir in sour cream, blue cheese, salt and hot sauce.
- 5Serve over your favorite salad.
- 6Will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.4
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 461.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g