Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This easy cream cheese-sour cream dip is a great way to use your favorite blue cheese -- imported Gorgonzola, Danish, or Stilton or any domestic variety. Cook time = chill time. From Ladies Home Journal.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, mashed to a paste
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Combine the cream cheese, blue cheese, butter, sour cream, and garlic in a food processor or blender and process or blend until smooth.
- With machine on, pour in the cream and blend well.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Makes 32 servings (2 cups).
- Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare as directed above.
- Cover and chill up to 48 hours.
Mmmmmmmm...creamy, with just the right amount of bite from the blue cheese and a hint of garlic. This is wonderful and I will definitely make again over the holidays!
I doubled the recipe, and made exactly as stated with no additions, it was perfect, I served this to a couple of friends, we all really enjoyed it, thanks hon!...Kitten:)