Recipe by Sue Lau
I like to use Maytag blue cheese for this party dip, but any blue cheese will do nicely. Serve this creamy delicious dip with chopped fresh vegetables, wedges of toasted pita bread, or roasted chicken nuggets.
Top Review by Pets'R'us
This was excellent! Could not get the Maytag cheese you mention in the recipe and used a good Gorgonzola. The dip was creamy and with the right cheese flavor but not too overpowering. I did use 2 tablespoons of butter and not the three. Served it with cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices and small celery sticks. When I went back for another dip.....it was all gone, so that says it all!!!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (1 1/2 cups, I prefer Maytag blue cheese)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together cream cheese, Maytag blue cheese, butter, sour cream, garlic, and heavy cream in bowl of food processor or blender, and process till smooth.
- Place in a serving dish and refrigerate several hours or more.
- Can be made ahead the day before to serve for parties.