Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Bacon in coleslaw? I'm in! Super easy because you can find all the cabbage, broccoli and carrots pre-shredded in the produce department. Cooking time listed is actually overnight chilling time. Recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 5 cups shredded green cabbage or 5 cups red cabbage or 5 cups packaged shredded broccoli
- 1 cup shredded carrot (2 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- ground black pepper
- In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the reserved drippings, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and celery seeds. Add cabbage, carrots, sunflower kernels, tomatoes, and green onions; toss gently to coat. Stir in crumbled bacon. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer coleslaw to a bowl or storage container; cover and chill overnight.
- Serve within 2 hours after removing coleslaw from refrigerator; discard any leftovers.