Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
This rich spread lacks saturated fat or cholesterol, but not flavor! I love to serve it with pita wedges and veggie sticks. Would also be great heaped in a tortilla! I adapted it from Alive magazine.
- 1 3⁄4 cups black beans, rinsed and drained (about 1 14-oz can)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup mild salsa (or use whatever "heat" you like)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tahini or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Combine first five ingredients in a blender. (Or save the salsa to add later, if you want more salsa chunks in your dip.).
- Blend until very smooth.
- Drizzle in the tahini, and salsa if you didn't yet, and blend again till well combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
this was ok. i liked it better before i put the pb in though. i threw some jalepeno's in too for a bit of a kick and am glad i did. but i could definatly taste the pb the first day but the second day you couldnt tell what was in it. but i didnt care so much for the flavor the pb gave.. maybe tahini would give a better result. it was yummy though. thanks
This has a nice taste and texture. The mixture of flavors is nice - I used tahini - might use more tahini and less salsa next time. Very easy to put together. Thanks for sharing!
This had awesome flavor, and was easy to throw together for munchies with some pita bread and veggies. Thanks for a great recipe!