Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Taste of Home magazine October/November 2005
Make and share this Creamy Black Bean Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, peppers, onion and parsley.
- Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar and seasonings.
- Pour over corn mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This is a great dip, and it looks very festive with the red and green peppers. I serve it with pita chips, often as an appetizer; allowing me more time to cook as my guests keep me company in the kitchen.
Fantastic. It's very tasty and a bit different from other salsa dips. Like many dips, it gets better after chilling awhile. My sour cream and mayo were reduced fat. Instead of parsley, I used cilantro (gotta have cilantro in my salsa). Mmmmmmmmmmm!!! Thanx for a great new salsa. I'll make this again!