This was based on a Cambells recipe that called for chicken instead of black beans. I like it better with beans than with chicken. To make this recipe totally vegetarian, you could use cream of mushroom soup.
- Combine soup, sour cream, picante sauce, and chili powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix beans, cheese, and 1 cup of sauce mixture.
- Divide bean mixture into tortillas.
- Roll with seam down in a 9x13 pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over top of enchiladas.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- (I like to remove cover for last 10 minutes of bake time so that it gets a little crispy.) After baking, top with green onion and tomato.
This is soooo good, SF Girl. My husband wanted me to make it with chicken, so we compromised. I used 1 can of the black beans and an equal amount of cooked chicken. What great flavor and I can't wait to make it for guests. Thank you so much for sharing this. It's a keeeper.
This was great... used Pace Hot sauce instead of medium. Good with spanish rice.
We really enjoyed this. Liked that it was meatless. Was very easy to prepare. I did add 1 tsp cumin, it's a great spice for Mexican food. Served it with Green Cilantro Rice (108262). Made for a great dinner.