Recipe by Shiraz
This was based on a Cambells recipe that called for chicken instead of black beans. I like it better with beans than with chicken. To make this recipe totally vegetarian, you could use cream of mushroom soup.
Top Review by Merlot
This is soooo good, SF Girl. My husband wanted me to make it with chicken, so we compromised. I used 1 can of the black beans and an equal amount of cooked chicken. What great flavor and I can't wait to make it for guests. Thank you so much for sharing this. It's a keeeper.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup picante sauce (I use Pace medium)
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soup, sour cream, picante sauce, and chili powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix beans, cheese, and 1 cup of sauce mixture.
- Divide bean mixture into tortillas.
- Roll with seam down in a 9x13 pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over top of enchiladas.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- (I like to remove cover for last 10 minutes of bake time so that it gets a little crispy.) After baking, top with green onion and tomato.