Recipe by Pinay0618
Here's another fast recipe using canned salmon, from the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) canalaska salmon
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package frozen cut green beans or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) packageitalian beans
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package frozen lima beans
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated skim milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can mexicorn or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cancut corn, drained
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can black-eyed peas or 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hickory liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain salmon, reserving liquid.
- Remove skin and bones; chunk salmon.
- In stockpot or large saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil; stir in green beans and lima beans.
- Cook 2 minutes over high heat.
- Stir in reserved salmon liquid, evaporated milk, corn, black-eye peas, and seasonings.
- Continue cooking over low heat 5 minutes.
- Stir in salmon; heat through.