Recipe by AmbientSunset
I whipped this together this morning, and it was a happy accident!
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was absolutely delicious! I sort of screwed up the directions, though, but it still came out fine. I added the first 6 ingredients to the saucepan all at once, so I brought it all to a boil, and then cooked it for another 3 minutes or so, which is all it seemed to need. I only added 1 T. of brown sugar, which was plenty sweet enough for me. Then, instead of blueberries, I had some fat, juicy blackberries to use. A wonderful breakfast and a great way to start the day. Thanks so much for sharing this "happy accident". Made for SPRING PAC 2013.
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 5 ingredients together in a pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add oatmeal and cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When oatmeal reaches desired consistency, remove from heat and add berries.
- Cover and let set for 2-3 minutes to warm berries through.