1/1 Photo of Creamy Beet Salad
1 hr 20 mins
Theresa P's Note:
BEETS , you either love 'em or you hate 'em. I just love them! Here is a great salad. It is perfect for a picnic or pot luck. Good for Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays too (I just love the pretty red color)!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium beets (cooked until tender)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I use light) or 1/2 cup plain yogurt (I use light)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I use light)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1Peel and slice beets into a mixing bowl.
- 2Add onion and cucumber.
- 3Mix remaining ingredients in a separate bowl, add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Pour over vegetables.
- 5Toss vegetables and dressing lightly to coat.
- 6Refrigerate for at least 2 hours for flavors to blend or overnight.
- 7Serve chilled. Enjoy!
- 8Note: Cook time is for boiling beets.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Beet Salad
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.3
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.5 mg
- Sodium 158.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g