BEETS , you either love 'em or you hate 'em. I just love them! Here is a great salad. It is perfect for a picnic or pot luck. Good for Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays too (I just love the pretty red color)!
- 6 medium beets (cooked until tender)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (I use light) or 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (I use light)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I use light)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- Peel and slice beets into a mixing bowl.
- Add onion and cucumber.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a separate bowl, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over vegetables.
- Toss vegetables and dressing lightly to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours for flavors to blend or overnight.
- Serve chilled. Enjoy!
- Note: Cook time is for boiling beets.