Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've been meaning to try this recipe - but it definitely works to peel the beets this way!
Make and share this Creamy Beet and Apple Quick Slaw recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- coarse salt
- 1 lb beet, about two large, trimmed and peeled
- 1 large apple, peeled and cored
- In the bowl you'll serve the salad in, whisk together yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, mint and cilantro. Stir until combined, season to taste with salt. Set aside in refrigerator.
- Using a v-slicer or the largest holes on a box grater, julienne the beets and apples. Add to bowl with dressing, toss to coat.
- Serve immediately. The beet juice will color everything magenta very quickly, otherwise.
- TIP: If you can peel an apple, you can peel a beet. That's right, an apple peeler is the perfect tool to peel a beet.