Recipe by Wildflour
Cheesy, yummy and good, with a little kick to it! Great for parties! The guys LOVE this!
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
Loved this! It went really well with flour tortilla chips, and it was so easy to make. The flavors all complement each other so well. The hardest part was convincing DH to part with one of his Heinekens lol! I told him "don't worry, you'll get it back, just slightly altered". I recommend shredding brick cheese for this, because sauces made with packaged shredded cheeses have a tendency to be somewhat grainy (not sure why, maybe because the extra surface area of the cheese allows it to dry out more?). Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT4
- 4 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 tablespoon horseradish mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine first 4 ingredients.
- In saucepan, heat beer over low heat til warm.
- Stirring, add cheese mixture.
- Stir til melted.
- *If you can't find horseradish mustard, add 1 1/2 teaspoons each of regular mustard and horseradish.
- Serve with tortilla chips or thinly sliced french bread.