Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mother made this recipe when I was young, and to this day I love it.
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 (4 ounce) jars sliced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb beef sirloin, sliced into strips
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- egg noodles
- In skillet, cook beef strips in butter till brown.
- Push to one side and add onions and mushrooms.
- In separate combine sour cream, sugar, salt and dry mustard.
- Add to beef mixture on warm heat.
- Serve over egg noodles.
This is a real easy recipe with wonderful results. All plates were cleaned at the end of the meal. I would recommend adding a dash or two of pepper for more flavor. Other than that HIGHLY recommend
Overall good reviews from our kitchen and the leftovers didn't last long. It still needs a little something more. Possibly adding Paprika & Garlic would help. I will let you know of any successful adjustments I make in the future.