Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love this recipe. C can't get enough of this when I make it. super easy to make and very delicious. I skip the mushrooms and onions because we don't like them. I also up it to a pound of beef.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup breakstone's free fat free sour cream
- HEAT oil in large deep skillet or Dutch oven. Add onion and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add meat; cook until browned, stirring frequently. Add flour; mix well.
- ADD beef broth, mustard and paprika; mix well. Stir in green peppers and mushrooms. Bring to boil.
- ADD noodles and water; stir gently. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Stir in sour cream; cook 1 minute or just until heated.
Good stroganoff. I cooked the pasta separately and served the sauce over the pasta. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
This is very good I made it with the following changes...I had leftover grilled tri-tip from a BBQ so I had cooked meat. I sauted the onion, garlic, mushrooms and peppers first. Then added flour. Then added broth, and steak. I also threw in a couple of handfuls of frozen peas as I stirred in the sour cream. I decided not to cook the pasta with the stroganoff, but instead cooked it seperately and served the meat on top. It was fantastic and drew raves from my family.
Really great flavor. I added a small bag of frozen peas and let it simmer with the noodles. My family loved it! My only complaint-and this is my fault-is that the sirloin was tough. But I think that was because it wasn't sliced thin enough. I'll make this again with browned ground beef. Very tasty!