Prep 39 mins
Cook 5 hrs
One pot and it's ready for when l get home from work.
- 1 lb stewing beef (sauteed)
- 3 stalks celery (cubed)
- 2 large cooking onions
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 large potatoes (cut into 1/4 pieces)
- 2 cups of chopped cabbage
- 3 large carrots (sliced)
- 1 small turnip (sliced)
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- salt and pepper, to your taste
- water, as needed
- Using a crock pot put all ingredients into the pot and turn it on before you go to work and it will be ready for you when you arrive home.
- Start with a iceberg lettuce salad.
It's okay - I totally messed up the first batch by overcooking it in my CrockPot. I had to throw it out. The second attempt came out a little better - though I'd encourage people to add some extra spices - w/o them, it's a little bland. I do like the cabbage in the stew, though.