Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick & easy .....like a homemade Hamburger helper ;)
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms (chopped)
- 2 medium onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can beef gravy
- 2⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon thyme (ground or crushed) or 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon sage (ground or crushed)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped (optional)
- Cut onions into thin wedges.
- Brown meat, mushrooms, onions and garlic in a large skillet until meat is browned and onions are tender.
- In a small mixing bowl combine together the gravy, yogurt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and either sage or thyme.
- Stir into meat mixture and heat through (about 5-7mins.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- Sprinkle with parsley.