Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I made this for a potluck and it got WIPED OUT IMMEDIATELY. Just a very simple recipe, but good!
- 7 cups uncooked dumpling egg noodles, cook,drain
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans Manwich sloppy joe mix
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups shredded four-cheese Mexican blend cheese (*divided)
- In large, deep skillet, cook beef, onion and pepper til done.
- Drain grease.
- Add Manwich, soup, brown sugar and mushrooms, mix well.
- Heat til bubbly, stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
- Gently fold in noodles WELL.
- Pour into lightly greased 4 qt casserole, pan or crock pot.
- Sprinkle top with cheese.
- Turn crockpot on low, cover and bake for about an hour til heated through.
- Or bake, covered, in 350 oven for about 35-40 minutes.
- This makes 1 large pan, or 2 (13x9) pans.
- *Canmake half a batch.
I didn%u2019t have Manwich so I used a sloppy joe envelope and I also halved this recipe. I didn't care for this dish as much as my wife, who gobbled it up. I am going to give this one more chance and with Manwich and see how it goes.
I expected to like this alot because I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to 'thrown-together-comfort-food'...but the cream of mushroom/Manwich combo didn't do it for me. My husband (who, BTW even ate leftovers for lunch today) said it was pretty yummy. So, I might play with this one a bit and re-review because I do believe in 2nd chances.
This was a HUGE hit with my family! My husband commented about the great flavor more than once and that's unusual for him unless he's REALLY impressed!! We will definitely be having this again!