Recipe by Wildflour
I made this for a potluck and it got WIPED OUT IMMEDIATELY. Just a very simple recipe, but good!
Top Review by christina1998
I didn%u2019t have Manwich so I used a sloppy joe envelope and I also halved this recipe. I didn't care for this dish as much as my wife, who gobbled it up. I am going to give this one more chance and with Manwich and see how it goes.
- 7 cups uncooked dumpling egg noodles, cook,drain
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans Manwich sloppy joe mix
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups shredded four-cheese Mexican blend cheese (*divided)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large, deep skillet, cook beef, onion and pepper til done.
- Drain grease.
- Add Manwich, soup, brown sugar and mushrooms, mix well.
- Heat til bubbly, stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
- Gently fold in noodles WELL.
- Pour into lightly greased 4 qt casserole, pan or crock pot.
- Sprinkle top with cheese.
- Turn crockpot on low, cover and bake for about an hour til heated through.
- Or bake, covered, in 350 oven for about 35-40 minutes.
- This makes 1 large pan, or 2 (13x9) pans.
- *Canmake half a batch.