Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the Pillsbury Cookbooklet Progresso Soups & More. I made one change to this recipe and I think it turned out just awesome! Hope you try it!
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 9.85 ml garlic, chopped
- 226.79 g mushrooms, sliced
- 680.38 g boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut into small pieces
- 1419.54 ml beef broth
- 118.29 ml dry sherry
- 59.14 ml ketchup (I left this out)
- 3.69 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml uncooked medium egg noodles
- 226.79 g sour cream
- In a 5 or 6 quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add onion,garlic, and mushrooms; cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are softened.
- Stir in beef. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except noodles and sour cream. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium low; cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in noodles. Cover; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender.
- Stir in sour cream. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until well blended.