Recipe by mer@
From the Pillsbury Cookbooklet Progresso Soups & More. I made one change to this recipe and I think it turned out just awesome! Hope you try it!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut into small pieces
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup (I left this out)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 8 ounces sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 5 or 6 quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add onion,garlic, and mushrooms; cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are softened.
- Stir in beef. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except noodles and sour cream. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium low; cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in noodles. Cover; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender.
- Stir in sour cream. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until well blended.