Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
The creamy Stroganoff-like filling in this distinctive lasagna makes it a stick-to-your-ribs entree. Submitted to Taste of Home by Jane Frawley, Charles Town, West Virginia. I am posting this recipe in response to a request.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 18 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- minced fresh parsley (optional)
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, onion, sugar, salt, Worcestershire sauce and garlic salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and milk until smooth.
- In a greased 13x9 baking dish, layer a fourth of the meat sauce, six noodles and a third of the cream cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Top with the remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350ºF for 40 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
The taste is nice, definitely like tomatoey stroganoff. I think it probably tastes better the next day after it has had time to firm up a bit more.
I first made this recipe out of my taste of home contest winning book. It is DELICIOUS! I have made it several times and whenever I am in the mood for lasagna, this is the recipe that I go for. I love the cream cheese mixture in this! It makes it so creamy and unique. LOVE IT! I do normally season the sauce mixture real well with more spices and seasonings. But other than that I stick to the recipe! The best lasagna ever! 10 stars!!
This is very good. I deviated from the recipe a bit using my own meat sauce. Loved the cream cheese/sour cream filling as a delightful change from ricotta!