Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Tasty ground beef mixed with a soft Italian sweet cream cheese rolled in Simply Potatoes Hash Browns and baked to a golden brown. The crispiness of the potatoes is a great contrast to the creamy beef. This can be made into small meatballs as a great appetizer, or layered in a casserole dish for the main entree dish.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place eggs into a large bowl and beat until yolk and egg white are blended.
- Add package of Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns to the bowl and mix well with eggs.
- In a separate bowl, add soy sauce with the ground beef and use hands to mix together.
- Cook beef with soy sauce in a skillet on medium heat for about 5 minutes until browned. Remove from heat and drain any excess grease.
- Add package of mascarpone cheese to the beef and mix well.
- Take about a tablespoon of the hash brown mix and cup it in your fingers of one hand. Then place about 2 tablespoons of the cooked beef on top of the potatoes. Finally top with an other tablespoon of hash browns on top of the beef and form everything into a ball.
- Place the ball onto a greased baking tray and repeat with remaining ingredients forming more meatballs.
- Bake the meatballs for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve as an appetizer.
- Another option would be to spread half the potatoes on the bottom of a greased casserole dish, followed by a layer of meat and then topped with the rest of the potatoes. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and serve as main entree dish.
A tasty simple dish! Perfect for servings as a main dish, complement to the main dish or an appetizer.
Delicious!!!! Love the play on your name!