Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I created this casserole while trying to use up some ingredients I had. It came out sooooo good. Sometimes I had some green pepper and/or mushrooms. It's a regular favorite!
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 566.99 g ground beef
- 453.59 g large shell pasta or 453.59 g elbow macaroni
- 283.49 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
- 822.13 g can tomato sauce
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 9.85 ml fresh thyme
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml salt
- Brown ground beef in a skillet with onion and garlic. Drain.
- While beef is browning, prepare pasta in a large pot according to package directions. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Return empty pasta pot to stove and over med-low heat, stir together tomato sauce and cream cheese until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Reduce heat to low. Add 1 cup of the cheddar cheese; stir well. Add thyme, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add drained pasta, drained browned beef mixture and drained spinach to pot. Gently stir to combine and coat well.
- Pour into a 13 x 9" baking dish or similar size casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to slightly brown.
Parsley you did good! We enjoy these types of casseroles and yours was very tasty. I used ground round, had elbow macaroni on hand, and leftover Creamed Spinach by Tiny Toodles. This one is a keeper, thank you hon for posting!