Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I don't remember who gave me this recipe because I've been making it for years. It's jotted down on the back of an envelope. It's very easy and good over buttered noodles or rice.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
- In a large heavy skillet, cook meat, mushrooms, onions and garlic, until meat is no longer pink and onions are tender. Drain well.
- In a bowl, mix together gravy, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, thyme,pepper and salt.
- Stir into meat mixture. Heat until bubbly.
We served this with noodles and corn. It made for a simple and flavorful meal, great for a work night! Thanks for the recipe.
This was a great weeknight meal. Easy and fast. Had all the ingred. on hand. Left out the mushrooms tho.