Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is easy and quick. I don't remember where I got it from, but I've had it for years!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (30 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (7 ounce) package macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup salad dressing or 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- cook the macaroni according to package directions, drain.
- brown beef, drain.
- stir in spaghetti sauce, macaroni, and salad dressing.
- heat through, stirring occasionallly.
- sprinkle with shredded cheese.
I got this recipe years ago on the label of Kraft Miracle Whip Light. My whole family loved it! I looked on Kraft's website and couldn't find the recipe any more. It's difficult now to find a 30oz jar of spaghetti sauce or a 7oz box of elbow macaroni. Sometimes we'll substitute jack cheese for the Kraft 1/3 less fat Natural Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese from the original recipe.
I felt like there was wayyy too much mayo in this and I ended up adding a hodge podge of different spices and cheese in order to bear with the taste of the mayo. I'm not a huge mayo person, but I thought the red sauce would overpower that. My boyfriend hasn't tried it, but I'm sure he'll love since he absolutely loves mayonnaise.
This is easy and tastes very good. A little tangy from the mayo. My daughter had seconds, so this is definitely a do-over for our house.