Recipe by Margie Brock
This is a very comfort type of food and when I don't know what to fix this is usually it. It's an old Kraft Foods recipe.
Top Review by Angie in St. Charles
My family really liked this meal last night. It was super easy to put together and it was delicious! I did cook the meat with the onion instead of waiting till the meat was cooked (to save time). And I added crushed garlic at the same time. That is the only thing I did differently. I did have a little bit of problem with the biscuits. I had so many (and there were only 8 biscuits to start out with and they were the grand kind) - that I had to do a double layer of bread around the edge of the casserole dish. I guess my casserole dish was smaller than the one used in the recipe. So where the two rows touched, they were a little undercooked and then I was afraid of burning the bread if I kept them in longer. But that was because of me, not the recipe. We really liked this meal. Easy and good, what more can you ask for? Thank you for a wonderful recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (any variety)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add cream cheese and soup mixing well.
- Stir in corn, pimento and seasonings.
- Pour into a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits.
- Cut each in half forming 20 half circles.
- Please biscuits cut size down around the edge of the casserole.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes until the biscuits are browned.