Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very comfort type of food and when I don't know what to fix this is usually it. It's an old Kraft Foods recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (any variety)
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add cream cheese and soup mixing well.
- Stir in corn, pimento and seasonings.
- Pour into a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits.
- Cut each in half forming 20 half circles.
- Please biscuits cut size down around the edge of the casserole.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes until the biscuits are browned.
My family really liked this meal last night. It was super easy to put together and it was delicious! I did cook the meat with the onion instead of waiting till the meat was cooked (to save time). And I added crushed garlic at the same time. That is the only thing I did differently. I did have a little bit of problem with the biscuits. I had so many (and there were only 8 biscuits to start out with and they were the grand kind) - that I had to do a double layer of bread around the edge of the casserole dish. I guess my casserole dish was smaller than the one used in the recipe. So where the two rows touched, they were a little undercooked and then I was afraid of burning the bread if I kept them in longer. But that was because of me, not the recipe. We really liked this meal. Easy and good, what more can you ask for? Thank you for a wonderful recipe!