Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick, easy and hearty soup and dippers! The perfect meal match!
Make and share this Creamy Bean Soup With Taquito Dippers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (398 ml) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1 can chopped green chili pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 8 pieces mozzarella string cheese
- 8 large soft flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion, if desired
- 1. Heat oven to 450ºF. Line baking sheet with foil.
- 2. In 2-quart saucepan, stir refried beans, tomatoes, broth, coconut milk, green chiles and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling.
- 3. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered about 20 minutes.
- 4. Place 1 cheese string on one edge of each tortilla; roll tortilla tightly around cheese. Brush edges of tortillas with water to seal.
- 5. Place taquitos, seam sides down, on baking sheet. Brush each lightly with oil. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until edges of tortillas are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- 6. Pour soup into serving bowls; garnish with cilantro or onions. Serve with taquitos for dipping.