Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick, easy and hearty soup and dippers! The perfect meal match!
Make and share this Creamy Bean Soup With Taquito Dippers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (398 ml) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1 can chopped green chili pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 8 pieces mozzarella string cheese
- 8 large soft flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion, if desired
- 1. Heat oven to 450ºF. Line baking sheet with foil.
- 2. In 2-quart saucepan, stir refried beans, tomatoes, broth, coconut milk, green chiles and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling.
- 3. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered about 20 minutes.
- 4. Place 1 cheese string on one edge of each tortilla; roll tortilla tightly around cheese. Brush edges of tortillas with water to seal.
- 5. Place taquitos, seam sides down, on baking sheet. Brush each lightly with oil. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until edges of tortillas are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- 6. Pour soup into serving bowls; garnish with cilantro or onions. Serve with taquitos for dipping.