1/2 Photos of Creamy Bean Soup With Taquito Dippers
Cheese-filled tortillas are the perfect match for a quick, easy and hearty soup. This is from the Pillsbury bake-off. It looks good so I wanted to save it here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can old el paso traditional refried beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can old el paso chopped green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package old el paso taco seasoning mix
- sharp cheddar cheese or chipotle cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package flour tortillas, for soft taco shells
- 2 tablespoons crisco vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1Heat oven to 450°F Line cookie sheet with foil.
- 2In 2-quart saucepan, stir refried beans, tomatoes, broth, coconut milk, green chiles and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered about 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, cut each cheese stick in half lengthwise to make 2 thin sticks. Place 1 cheese stick on one edge of each tortilla; roll tortilla tightly around cheese. Brush edges of tortillas with water to seal. Place taquitos, seam sides down, on cookie sheet. Brush each lightly with oil. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until edges of tortillas are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- 4Pour soup into serving bowls; garnish with cilantro or onions. Serve with taquitos for dipping.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Bean Soup With Taquito Dippers
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.7
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 1235.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 15.9 g