Prep 7 mins
Cook 12 mins
Hearty and delicious.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 3⁄4 cups salsa (I use mild)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in beans, salsa, broth, lime juice, and cumin.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.
- This is good with shredded mild cheddar cheese sprinkled on top.
Delicious, high fiber and so quick to make. Thanks for a new staple!
What a great combination of flavors and the lime juice adds just the right finishing touch! I also used a medium hot salsa....Thanks
YES YES YES!! I pack my lunch every day for work and take a cup of soup to have at my break. Day after day week after week I run out of ideas for making soup. When I awakened this morning and saw this recipe I marched myself right out into the kitchen and made it. I halved the recipe and used hot salsa. It was so good I had it for breakfast! I added habanero peppers and topped it with some freshly chopped cilantro. I also threw in a cup of cooked elbow macaroni because I had it on hand. Thanks Jacqueline30!