- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 3⁄4 cups salsa (I use mild)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in beans, salsa, broth, lime juice, and cumin.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.
- This is good with shredded mild cheddar cheese sprinkled on top.