Recipe by Starrynews
This was inspired in part by a bean dip recipe from Rosarita's. I decided to try a cross between the bean dip and a layer dip by using the fresh salsa-based topping. It went over quite well here :) Adjust to your preferred spiciness level by changing the heat of the salsa you use! The use of pepperjack cheese is also a delicious way to kick up the heat.
Top Review by UmmBinat
This is good. I used recipe #456777, a cream cheese from Denmark, as that is what I had on hand, medium salsa, older cheddar, again what I had on hand, a small vidalia onion, I left out the fresh cilantro in the topping as there was already some in recipe #456777. I didn't use a microwave but the beans where just made so they were hot and I finished the heating up on the stove. Served with ruffled potato chips and rice crackers to be corn free. Made for ZWT7 South & Central America, for my team Food.Commandos
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup mexican-style four cheese blend, shredded
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine refried beans, cream cheese, salsa, and shredded cheese in a medium-sized microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on high in 30 second intervals, stirring between, until cheese is melted and the dip is heated through, approximately 4 minutes total.
- Combine avocados, tomato, onion, and cilantro, mixing well.
- When bean dip is hot, top with avocado-tomato topping and serve with tortilla chips and veggies!