Recipe by Recipe Reader
Delicious! It is served here in a local Basque restaurant, and pairs well with rice or pasta. This can easily be made with less butter or no cream, if you'd like.
Top Review by twissis
Using Icelandic baby shrimp, I made a half recipe of this delicious scampi for the PRMR game & served it as an appy in gratin dishes over toast points for Christmas Eve dinner w/DH & my MIL. Other than using butter vs vegetable oil, I made just 1 other chg & added garlic that I see as a must (for me at least) in a scampi recipe. It was richly flavoured, generously sauced, well-received & an elegant start to our main holiday meal. Thx for sharing your recipe w/us. :-)
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, then dust with flour.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet. Add shrimp and cook over medium heat about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove shrimp from pan and drain the oil from pan.
- In the same skillet, warm the wine over low heat. Add shrimp and cook for 1 minute.
- Add butter, lemon juice, and heavy cream. Cook 1 or two minutes more.
- Sprinkle with parsley.