1/9 Photos of Creamy Basil & Tomato Pasta
Two types of tomatoes, herbs, pasta, and chicken in a delicious, creamy sauce. It works nicely with low fat milk and cheeses (which are what we usually use). Fresh basil is good in here too, instead of dried. This dish was inspired by combining several different recipes. (Note - we don't like a lot of extra sauce- just enough to cover the pasta - so if you like a lot of sauce, you may want to make a little more).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups farfalle pasta, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 7 ounces diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces, cooked
- 1Heat teaspoon of oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion and sauté until starting to brown.
- 3Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes; sauté 3 more minutes.
- 4Add tomatoes, pepper, and other herbs. Stir well, reduce heat, cover and simmer about 20 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions.
- 6Add cream cheese, milk, and parmesan to tomato pot and melt over low heat until cheeses are incorporated.
- 7Add chicken and drained pasta, and mix until blended.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Basil & Tomato Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.0
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.2 mg
- Sodium 242.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 22.3 g