Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Haven't tried this yet, but it sure sounds good to me! Recipe courtesy of Kraft Foods and Family magazine. NOTE: Prep time does not include marinading time.
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup kraft special collection sun-dried tomato vinaigrette dressing
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
- Toss tomatoes with cream cheese cubes, fresh basil and dressing. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Place in large bowl.
- Add tomato mixture and pine nuts while pasta is still warm. Toss lightly.
MY OH MY too! This was fabulous even with the fat lowered as I made it tonight. The combination of flavors here was great. Loved the tanginess of the sun dried tomato dressing. I used an 8 ounce tub of soft light cream cheese, light Newman's Own sun dried tomato Italian dressing, (only thing we could find here). I bought "tomatoes-on-the-vine because we don't get nice tomatoes here until August. I ended up using half fresh because they weren't ripe enough and subbed half canned-with-jalapenos, YUMMY! This recip is a definite keeper! Thanks Stacky
My! Oh My! Oh My! This was easy and got RAVE reviews from all around the table. I didn't have the salad dressing so used 3 Tbsp of sundried tomatoes with garlic and herbs, finely diced. Instead of fresh basil, I used my "basil in a tube" from the produce department - about 4 Tbsp. We also added about 1/2 lb. of cooked shrimp just before tossing with the tomato/cream cheese mixture. We loved it and will definitely make it again. Thanks for a keeper! Reviewed for ZWT4.