Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This tastes very rich but is actually pretty low in fat! Try it over pasta or on chicken.
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Starting with a cold saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a low boil.
- Reduce to a light simmer and cook until sauce starts to thicken.
- Serve immediately, or store in refrigerator until ready to use.
This was delicious!!! I made this tonight to pour over some angel hair pasta with some shrimp. I prepared as per the recipe. I bought sundried tomatoes that were in olive oil. So for the olive oil that was called for in the recipe, I used the oil that the tomatoes were stored in. I think it added an extra kick. Everyone loved it and can't wait for me to make it again. Thank you for sharing.
Yummy! I didn't have yogurt or heavy cream, so I replaced both with half-and-half. My sauce was a little thin (lack of yogurt, I'm sure) so I added another half cup of dried tomato threw it in the blender for a few seconds. The flavor was wonderful, this tasted like I spent hours in the kitchen. I served it on plain spaghetti-after tasting it, I didn't want to put it on anything that might distract from the taste.