Recipe by MyHappyEatings
A creamy sauce with a perfect blend of fresh basil and roasted red peppers (especially good in summer when basil is in season). Kids and adults will both love it. Pairs well with zucchini and/or chicken either on the side or mixed into the pasta.
Top Review by sureshanko
This dish was quite easy to make and was something different! My whole family enjoyed it and it was quick to prepare and serve. It cost me about $12 dollars or so to make eight servings. It is definitely worth it!
- 473.18 ml penne pasta
- 59.14 ml milk
- 113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- 283.49 g roasted red peppers, packed in oil
- 177.44 ml fresh basil leaf
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Drain and remove seeds from peppers.
- In a food processor (or blender), mix peppers, cream cheese, milk, basil and parmesan until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Place sauce back into same pot used for cooking pasta.
- Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occassionally or until heated through.
- Add pasta back into pot with sauce, toss well to coat.