Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from Gourmet Magazine, September 2002 and is a wonderful and fresh tasting dressing.
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Gourmet Magazine's notes:
- • Use dressing on mixed greens or sliced tomatoes or for chicken salad.
- • Dressing keeps, covered and chilled, 1 day.
Delicious! I really enjoyed this! I halved the recipe, and will be making this again! Had it over greens and tomato. Thanks so much Juenessa! Made for Adopt a Tag.
Very Good, use it over Burgers as a dressing. Made for PAC spring 07
What a wonderfully tasty dressing. I love the flavor of basil and the creaminess of the mayonnaise. I served it over sliced tomatoes and onions. A definite keeper.